Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Communication

When I was young, I love to talk alot and my mum use to call me 'nenek kebayan'. I was a happy girl, who loves to eat, play and laugh. When I am a bit older, around 7 years old, that cheerfulness starts to fade. I like to remain quiet during occasions like Hari Raya or any 'kenduri' with my relatives. I will only be myself when I am with my close cousins. At home I seldom talked to my mum, she was busy, when I was young, I used to think that my parents don't really loves me. Even though I am the youngest, there is no such things as 'anak manja' for me. I don't mind that but sometimes I think my parents loves my sis more than me, and my bro too, till now actually. Sometimes it hurts but then we can't judge their love, can we? So starting of my 7 years old and above, I was really quiet, only am myself with my friends and close cousins.

People use to say that I am stupid because I did a certain project all by myself, which actually I need to do with my friend. My sis use to scold me and say, "Never let anyone put U down! U should tell them off when somebody takes U for granted." I have learnt from that, I have more friends than ever when I was 11 and 12. In my secondary school years, I knew too much hatred and fake people that the wall of trust starts to deplete out of my heart. It is hard to trust, but communication was much better. Eventhough my english was a C5 but then the communication that I have with different type of people have help me to go far. I want to go further.

And I end up in Poly with a part-time job in Pizza Hut. I talk to strangers and key in orders and know more people who talk more things about U that is more bad than good. Challenges filled up my days both in school and work. In school, I just can't communicate with my lecturers because I feel that I am stupid and no way in their kind of world. Except for some who believes in me. Some who go the extra mile to come and ask me straight to my face, " Siti are U ok?". Not to forget the conflicts about friends I have in Poly are overwhelming and over the top. It is not dramatic but silent kind of conflicts. I hate silent, this teaches me how communication is what it is all about.

Weird that I worked in Starhub before, so not me kind of thing. Never know I have the gift of communicating with customers but then I kind of sick of it because of the demand that is too pathetic to mention. Come on lah Singaporeans, can you please don't ask for stupid things!!! Sigh~

So now I am working in HSC, the company producing Kickapoo and other cool drinks that U might never heard of. Well, that is because the company is the first in Singapore to manufacture this drinks, previously we are drinking from Malaysia HSC, now we are going to drink fromSingapore very own HSC drinks. HEhee.. Which is more nicer, because... I am the QC Lab Tech in-charge of improvising the taste and well-being of the drink. Partly is my duty but then, we have to work with the Marketing Dept.

So now I thought that I won't have any problems with communicating in the lab, since probably most of the time I be talking to the Green tea, but I am wrong! Now I have another Lab Tech with me and she is a China PR. This is really is challenging job for me, probably now I will improve my mandarin. HaAha!! One of my closest colleague is planning to leave the company, how am I gonna survived? I have to communicate more I suppose throughout my whole life. Sometimes I am too tired of talking, I just want to shut my mouth, put masking tape all over and lock myself in the lab. I know it is impossible! U know why? My mouth be itching for food.

In the factory I was told to take out my tudung because we have to keep a clean environment. Always have to wear a hairnet whenever going into the production site. I know what U are thinking, tudung is like a hairnet but then, there it's different, tudung can catch alot of bacteria from outside so it will contaminate the drinks. Moreover I am doing Microbe-check on samples so I am using a vacuum pump, which might suck out the living materials on my tudung. So I have no choice. Of course when I go back home, I will put on back lah! My colleagues are so fortunate to see my hair!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home