Friday, February 03, 2006

Search Your True Identity

I been listening to people's conversation and how much it has left me thinking about my childhood and my teenage life... They go something like....

"Ishhh... Look at that guy!!! So cute and handsome right???", and another one is,

"Don't you think she is so bitchy, she thinks she is so pretty with her outfit like that. Hahaha....", this person was sitting with her group of friends.

Well they were actually saying it Malay,

"Ishhh... Kau tengok orang belakang kau... Hensem gile!!! Siak ar....", and the other one again in Malay,

"Sial punye perempuan, ingat dia lawa lah tu, baju mcm siak. Hahaha....", these 2 sentences was by the same person.

Some of us say "siak" and "sial" before in our life, eventhough maybe some of us don't but accidentally we still do. Some of us say it for fun and think that it is cool. Some of us however just got stuck with that phase since the early years. Well... I have been in that stage but then I don't really say it every minute and every phrase of my words and I am through it, not like certain people. I think I still mention that word to those I know won't get offended, they are my sister, my close cuzzie, close crazy friends and even to my mum who know that I don't have the intention of scolding, to me its just a word to describe something outrageous. The most I say to mention that word is,

"Siak je! Haha...", I always mention this when anyone I have mention above have said or done something funny or outrageous. The word "sial" is not used by me, maybe last time when I am still young but then it wasn't that long.

What I am trying to point out is actually not all these words but then actually what they were talking about. What is really fun to U when spending time with your friends?

1) Is it to look at guys and get their attention?

2) Is it to criticise others and make them feel ashamed of themselves?

3) Is it laughing at your friend because she is different from you or the group?

4) Is it dumping guys?

5) Is it showing most parts of your body to guys?

6) Is it being able to get all attentions and be snobbish about it?

These questions are lingering in my mind, never been in that situation before, well kind of in the situation but then I feel different.

In situation no. 1, I am just a presence to not be notice and to let guys notice my friends, that makes me happy because I like when my friends are happy. I don't like attention that much, makes me uneasy.

In situation no. 2, I can't deny that I don't criticise people but unless if they are really asking for it. I am just happy to listen to my friends ridiculous comments on others, if it is not true to me, I will just laugh it off.

In situation no. 3, I don't believe in this kind of things because I believe that everybody is different and should be treated with equal respect. I HATE it when somebody in the group will laugh at another from the group just to bring him/her down, but if its a joke, it is ok, with constant assurance of the comment as a joke is better.

In situation no. 4, never ever been in this situation. How does it feel to get it on with a guy and then dump him? You better watch your butt if you do this to others... I don't have the heart and the time. I am fair to both guys and gals.

In situation no. 5, another never been there kind of situation. I choose not to show, does that mean that I am not cool? I am covered, I am not cool? If your answer is "not cool", get a reality check because that means you are narrow minded.

In situation no. 6, all of us or is it most of us be in this situation when suddenly your friend ignores you when a group of guys walk next to your friends and you. And when these guys realling focusing their attention on your friend, she suddenly become snobbish towards you because she is trying to keep her cool? Hmmm... Is it wrong to just act normally with us in front of those guys? It leaves me thinking, do I/Us make my/our friend less cool in front of those guys? Weird.

So what is really fun for you?

For me the time spend with friends are fun because we do stupid things with ourselves and not because of some guy or gal we don't barely know, laughing at each other is fun but then we need to think about how they feel too, be a bit careful. It is better to laugh with one another, to me.

I really don't know what I am crapping but you can leave your views.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home